Friday, March 10, 2006

SHIT FAHR - AHM GITTIN' HIRE

I was reminded there's a whole lot of Cowboy poetry out there nowadays. A quick Google shows lots of links. Here's the first one returned http://www.cowboypoetry.com/. Anyway, I just wanted to be the first to publish a few Cowboy Haiku. I don't have titles for them; they're fresh off the ol' keyboard. Here ya go, pard. Hope ya lahk 'em.

This cowboy wears spurs
They will jingle all the night
If he gets lucky

My hat does not fit
Perhaps it is because
My head is swollen

Blood on the saddle
Could it mean I really have
Hemorrhoids to boot?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice--for some chuckles, but I'd already laughed too hard just reading "Cowboy Haiku"...

the rest of my day has me humming my favorite Marty Robbins' song,
"Way out in the West Texas town... and also Lee Marvin singin':
"Wand'rin' Star" (Paint Your Wagon)
& same film, Clint getting by on:
"I Talk to the Trees"