Sunday, March 12, 2006

I LOVE YOU. YOU LOVE ME!

Damn! I'm trying to do at least one of three things today: Engage in some spirited email conversation with my High School graduation class group site; write something - anything - on my blog site, and/or; get some work done. I've got a monthly newsletter due that was set back by my trip to Houston and a few other things.

But how the hell can I even think about being curmudgeonly (for accomplishing number two, at least) when I'm sitting here listening to Barney, Thomas the damn tank engine, Angelina Ballerina, Kipper the Dog, Sagwa, and Dragon Tales; not to mention Bella Ballerina, the ballet DVD from Australia my daughter might be learning some ballet from.

Not only that, I just got gifted with a cake . . . a cake that suspiciously resembles a blue barrell filled with little, red plastic monkeys with long, curved arms used to hang on to each other; Bella is singing about "eating your fruits and vegetables every day". Is this the right atmosphere for a god damned cranky curmudgeon? I'm not convinced.

And I really wanted to complain about something. God damn it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

having nothing to complain about is really nothing to complain about

but should you need inspiration, some grouchy old men to model--in keeping with the kid show theme... I've always thought those 2 old critics in the Muppet Theater balcony were almost always a gas. (names Statler & Waldorf)
Waldorf: That number scared the pants off of me.
Statler: Are you sure you didn't just forget to put them on?
--------------------------
Waldorf: Just when you think this show is terrible something wonderful happens.
Statler: What?
Waldorf: It ends.

Rick Ladd said...

That would be Statler-Hilton and Waldorf-Astoria, no?

Anonymous said...

yes, according to the site from which I got their names, in yet another googlehead moment.

no way I could remember the names or their curmudgeonisms(?). I do remember(elem school) seeing tv commercials for a large dairy corp featuring the early innovative creatures later to be known as Muppets. And that funky little b&w screen barely got a decent picture, even with Reynold's Wrap flags on the rabbit ears(got 3 channels, maybe).
Now, one can watch global tv on one's laptop, cell, & more.