Friday, December 02, 2011

It's incredibly disconcerting to raise a forkful of food to one's mouth, only to have most of it fall off due to the shaking brought on by essential tremors. Not actually complaining. After all, I've had a pretty damn good life, and this is really more like a speed bump.



Still, I'm really beginning to understand - viscerally - the phrase "Growing old is not for the faint-of-heart". Neither am I asking for sympathy. I'm merely sharing something that comes to mind almost every time I eat, shave, or hold a glass of liquid. I recall it happening to my mother; now it's happening to me.



As I round the last turn and head into the home stretch, the changes are fascinating and, as a Baby Boomer (born in 1947), soon many of you will be following along. So get your whip ready. The race is getting interesting and it's going to take all you can muster to finish respectably. Thanks for listening to me bitch and moan. http://amplify.com/u/a1j8xd
blog comments powered by Disqus